Baltic Walking Association event: Walkers Festival of Lithuania
Place: Lithuania, Jurbarkas
Date: First weekend of August
- by internet: www.pza.lt
- at the starting desk
- directly at the registration desk: 15 euros/per participant (incl. medal and diploma)
- No credit- or debit card nor checks are accepted. The registration fee is required to be paid cash in euros, upon arrival.
Distances, start/finish times and place:
|Distance||Start time||Start place||Finish time||Finish place|
|± 30 km||07:00 – 09.00 hrs.||Jurbarkas Region Museum||17:00 hrs.||Jurbarkas Region Museum|
|± 20 km||08:00 – 10.00 hrs.||Jurbarkas Region Museum||17:00 hrs.||Jurbarkas Region Museum|
|± 10 km||09:00 – 11.00 hrs.||Jurbarkas Region Museum||17:00 hrs.||Jurbarkas Region Museum|
* Start and finish place: Jurbarkas Region Museum (address: Vyduno str. 21, Jurbarkas)
Track and weather conditions
Description of tracks
Walkers Festival of Lithuania is the most important walking event in Lithuania. It welcomes you to a unique sporting event in the wonderful Jurbarkas countryside where you can’t help admiring the picturesque places by the Panemune regional park, the old historical settlements and towns. An area exceedingly rich in Lithuanian history. There are 229 objects of cultural heritage, out of which: 31 archeological, 11 historical, 11 – historic and memorial places, 71 burial place, 7 places of events, 9 archeological objects, 5 manor farmsteads, 3 urban towns, 89 movable assets and decorations of buildings, 3 creations of monumental art.
Water at all refreshing points. Snacks for special prices are offered.
Lot’s of fun during the march and on Friday and Saturday evening guaranteed.
Souvenir – award
Everybody who walks on every day at least 20 km (total 40km – 2 days) receives a medal and diploma.
- by plane to Vilnius International Airport;
- by car.
1) Common group and individual accommodation is arranged by organizers at temporary, „built-for-occacion“ tent-camp. WC, showers available. Own tent, inflated mattress and/or sleeping bag needed !!! If needed please contact: email@example.com
2) Common group and individual accommodation is arranged at Sports Hall. WC, showers available. Own inflated mattress and/or sleeping bag needed !!! If needed please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Hotels and private : Jurbarkas Tourist Information Centre, www.jurbarkotic.lt Tourist information about the surroundings Jurbarkas Tourist Information Centre Vyduno 19 Jurbarkas, LT-74118 Tel. +370 447 51485 E-mail: email@example.com www.jurbarkotic.lt
- the language: Lithuanian (most of the people speak English)
- the money (currency): euros.
Baltic Walking Association
Ugniagesiu str. 1 Jurbarkas, LT-74182, Lithuania
Mobile: +370 685 28357